Script to Screen is an independent industry & community-wide organisation, established to develop the craft and culture of storytelling for the screen (film, television, and new media) in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
Script to Screen:
- Takes a community approach that encourages an environment of innovation, creativity and collaboration.
- Organises seminars, workshops, forums and regular discussion events for emerging and established screenwriters, directors and producers.
- Runs international scholarships for filmmakers.
- Builds relationships with relevant international organisations.
- Works in partnership with film and television organisations.
- Promotes the cultural diversity of our nation and honours the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Script to Screen is a registered charitable trust that is funded by the New Zealand Film Commission and governed by a board of trustees. Trustees are appointed by the New Zealand Writers Guild, Ngā Aho Whakaari, the Screen Directors Guild New Zealand and the New Zealand Film Commission.
Script to Screen receives legal support from Dominion Law.