Application Criteria and Internship Obligations
To be eligible for the 2011 US Screenwriting Internship Scholarship to Killer Films you must:
- demonstrate that you have written screenplays to the minimum level of a produced short film or a full feature film script.
- demonstrate the ability to spend three months in a busy New York script department working as an intern. You will be expected to read scripts and potentially write script notes. Your role will also include tasks associated with the most junior of positions including running, making coffee, photocopying, etc.
- be available to be based in New York for the three months between March 1 and May 31 2011.
- be available to attend an interview in Auckland during the period 25 November–10 December if you are shortlisted.
- be prepared to participate in sponsors’ functions before and/or after the Internship, and any publicity required by Script to Screen.
- provide fortnightly blogs and photographs to Script to Screen while in New York.
- write a 2000-3000 word report on how the internship has benefited you as a writer/film-maker on completion of the internship.
- be responsible for organising your own visa.
When applying you must supply either:
- a script you wrote for a short film that has been produced and the finished film on DVD;
- a one page document that briefly conveys the idea and then outlines the story of a feature film script that you have written alongside the first 10 pages of the script. NB: if shortlisted you will be required to supply the full script.
You must also:
- send us a completed application form.
- pay your $15 application fee. You can pay with credit card online here or send a cheque or cash with your application.
Please note that, alongside your writing, your previous film experience and the statement you make about what you would expect to gain from the internship will be given serious consideration during the selection process.
Applications should be sent to: Script to Screen, P.O. Box 147263, Ponsonby, Auckland, 1011
Or couriered to: 243 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby, Auckland, 1011
Applications must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 10 November, 2010
Thank you to the Film Investment Corporation Foundation and the New Zealand Film Commission for their generous sponsorship of the 2011 US Screenwriting Internship Scholarship